Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

2018 XC60 Inspiration Engine Fail

bguevin

Reactions
City
Goffstown
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC60
I have a 2018 XC60 - first the evaporator went with the AC ($2800 later) got that fixed. Then the dealership said my belts needed to be changed so I did that. Then I started to hear a grinding noise and took it right in and they said the Supercharger had failed so changed that (another $2800) about 2-3 weeks later driving out of my office a clanking grinding noise and white smoke! Now they say on of my rings broke scored the inside and the piston pressure is only 90 while the other are 190 compression. If the timing belt wasn't installed properly, isn't it possible the supercharger and engine fail could happen? I am so frustrated, did the Volvo online and have a case number and haven't heard from anyone at Volvo. My dealership has been wonderful in the fact they have given me a loaner vehicle for about 2 weeks but I have to make a decision - buy a volvo or move on to another vehicle. Not saying it's their fault, but all this major failure seemed to start with the belt change. Any ideas!!!?? Thank you.