Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

XC60 2021MY B4 diesel auto AWD 48 months/72000 miles 4th service ("intermediate" service

Reactions
City
York
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
XC60
The forum search didn't find anything associated with service/servicing/72000, so I'm simply posting information about servicing from a Yorkshire Volvo dealer following a conversation with their service department. This specifically refers to an XC60 2021MY 2.0l B4 diesel auto 4WD for a 4th service (or "intermediate" service) at 48 months or 72,000 miles, but I think this info applies generally to B4 diesels from 2017 onwards. My main concern was "when are "high-price" items such as cambelt due?"

BTW, My first 3 services have been "minor" services, essentially just an oil and filter change.

72,000 miles 4 year service does include some “heavier items”
• Usual oil & filters minor service including pollen filter
• Air Filter
• Fuel Filter
• A Bigger item is the Auxiliary (Alternator) drive belt
• Cost of service is £780
Other notes:
• Brake fluid is recommended every two years or 36,000 miles and costs £60
• Cam belt will be 144,000 miles / 8 years along with a water pump belt and another alternator belt change, cost £1871
• Transmission fluid and diff fluid are “lifetime” and are only changed if there is a problem